Thursday, April 12, 2012

Isaiah 53

The sins I have committed
The things that I have done
Have fell upon another
On God's only son

He was tempted by the devil
Was strong and endured
He was led as a sheep to the slaughter
A sacrifice clean and pure

Through one man's disobedience
Many are called to sin (Romans 5:9)
the obedience of Jesus to the cross,
keeps the hope of righteous men

He was wounded for our transgressions,
To the cross, he was nailed
He was bruised for our iniquities:
By his stripes we are healed

Seeing as how he suffered
And endured for MY sin
I have to give my all
And devote this life to Him.

Lord, give me the strength
To give up my will
And not to be entangled
In affairs of this life still

Help me to remember
The blood and the wounds
The way that Jesus suffered
And gave Up His life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment