Sunday, March 31, 2013

If I  could give you happiness
Served up nice and on a plate
If I could stop your sadness
And take away the hate

If joy I could shower on you
With love from the heart
I would do it in a minute
To give your soul a start

These things I cannot do for you
It done by only He,
That suffered the shame, endured the cross and died upon the tree

Please seek only him
His love endures evermore
Only he can give you gladness
Your heart will be so sure

He will shower you with blessings
His life for yours he gave
He let the sinners kill him 
and put him in the grave

To their surprise, they discovered
Him no longer there
The shame now upon them
His life no longer near

He can be there wih you
Just give him all your self
Knock and he will answer
Take that Bible off it's shelf

If your heavy laden
And stiffled by this world
Follow his example, and rise thou up,
He is the cure

No comments:

Post a Comment