Friday, April 19, 2013


 In the midst of the sea,
Toiling and trying to row,
With contrary winds,
That seem continually to blow

He would have passed by,
Had they not out loud cried,
He went up with them in the ship,
And immediately the wind died (Mark 6:48-49)

I can't grab the helm
Nor think my hair white or black (Matthew 5:36)
Help me trust fully in You
And in faith have no lack (Mark 9:24)

I need you to join me
And whisper "Be not afraid" (Matthew 14:27)
Through all of the watches
Help me to be like unto soft clay

Mark 6:48-49

And when even was come, the ship was in the midst of the sea, and he alone on the land. 

 And he saw them toiling in rowing; for the wind was contrary unto them: and about the fourth watch of the night he cometh unto them, walking upon the sea, and would have passed by them. 

Matthew 5:36
Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

Mark 9:24
And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Matthew 14:27
But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment