Thursday, February 7, 2013

Love Tells

When you say love your neighbor,
What does that really mean?
If they are living a life of sin
Should you let them be?

Should you act like all is all well,
and keep a peaceful grin?
If you know their soul's at risk,
Should you just ignore the sin?

If you truly love your neighbor
You will speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:25)
A wise man understand knowledge,
A gift from the Father above

"Let the righteous smite me,"
As a kindness it shall be, 
Reproof as an excellent oil, (Psalms 141:5)
O God, keep our eyes upon thee! (Psalms 141:8)

Ephesians 4:25
Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Psalms 141:5
Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.

Psalms 141:8
But mine eyes are unto thee, O GOD the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute. 

Proverbs 9:8
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Proverbs 19:25
Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment