Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The lust of The flesh
The lust of the eyes
Lord, take these away
And spare me from pride (I John 2:16)

The one thing I know
That I don't want to be
Someone higher than thou
-like that Pharisee (Luke 18:9 )
Who thought himself righteous
And better than others (Luke 18:11-12)
Lord let me live
A life that is humble.  ( Prov.22:4)

It is so easy to be tricked 
When you think your living right
I desire a pure heart (Psalms 24:4)
and all of God's might

O God, strengthen my hands (Nehemiah 6:9)
Keep my eyes upon thee (Psalms 25:15)
Help me  resist the evil
Cause the devil to flee (James 4:7)

I John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Luke 18:9 
And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 

Luke 18:11-12
 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 

Proverbs 22:4
By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.

Psalms 24:4
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

Nehemiah 6:9
For they all made us afraid, saying, Their hands shall be weakened from the work, that it be not done. Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands.

Psalms 25:15
Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment