Thursday, January 31, 2013

Our 18th wedding anniversary gift from God (2 yrs ago)

I  thought I would share the birth story of our 5th child who was due on February 14, 2011, but arrived two days early on the date of our 18th wedding anniversary.


Two weeks before Lydia was born Jacob (my oldest child) had a dream.  He dreamed he heard a scream from my room and ran in and found it was the baby's scream and Dad had delivered.  I decided to start a journal because I had heard words all night in my sleep that same night that said " I will do a new thing."  I looked it up and those exact words were in Isaiah.

I told the midwife about the dream and the verse and requested info about delivering a child on you own.  Lee (my hubby) didn't wasn't to read it.  He said if God put that on him ( he had no desire to deliver) God would give him everything he needed to know.

Our midwife lived and worked out of Memphis, which is the closest town to us. She lived and worked about 50 minutes away.   We live in an extremely small town in the middle of no where.  I was amazed to find out later that her assistant's (a doula) mom and dad lived about one mile from my home.  

My water broke early on Feb 11.  The midwife came and stayed on and off about 16 hours.  I wasn't having labor pains so she decided to give me some time alone and went down the street to the doulas moms house.  I had a snack and took a nap. ( I never had any contractions) I realized that I felt the urge to go to the bathroom and realized I may not make it to the toilet. As I got to the entry of the bathroom, I felt the head come out.  I screamed for Lee who was in the kitchen cooking deer meat.  He had the vent a hood on and didn't hear my first call.  I called again and he came.
He helped me to lay down on the bathroom floor, called the midwife and delivered the child.  ( Without having a chance to wash his hands) The midwife arrived about 4 minutes after the birth and was able to cut the cord and clean up.  We had actually forgot about the dream throughout all the excitement and when the midwife walked in she said, "This is just like your son's dream!"




No comments:

Post a Comment