Saturday, May 4, 2013

My husband's thoughts on "legalism"


Legalism?
Lately I hear people being called legalistic, usually beccause it is thought that they take the Bible teachings too seriously,  which ultimately makes them different from most labled Christian organizations. Ironically these that label others typically have a few legalistic characterisics of their own, for example, they hold strong to avoiding murdering, gambling, drunkards and robbery. Every tree is known by it's fruits, when I see someone bearing the fruits of Christ for the love of eternal life, I like to refer to them as Christians,

On the other hand those who obey laws dictated by goverment are callled law abiding citizens!Jesus told us if we love him to keep his commandments and he would come and make his abode with us. Jesus did not come to destroy the law but simply to fufill it. Each commandment Jesus brought could be likened to a link in a chain and joined together they form a way that reaches to this invisible kingdom.When asked by the Pharisees concerning when the kingdom of God would come? Jesus replied; it does not come with observation! In my journey with the Lord, I have learned that through laboring, suffering and sacrifice to keep the commandments our Lord delivered to us, along the way an eternal love affair is begining. What once seemed to be grevious and difficult to follow laws, is seemingly becoming the delight of my life! A joy that words simply cannot define. When I lay down to sleep it's on my mind, when I rise in the morning I thank the Lord because it's still on my mind, I find that my days are spent pondering my path and examining my steps and some may say; does he ever stop talking about it? We can safely assume that Indiana jones fully understood the power of the holy Grail and there is no doubt that he wanted it, but unfortunately he did not believe in the only way to obtain it. I firmly believe that if anyone finds that great pearl, something greater than anything found on earth or the heavens, he should become whatever is neccesary to obtain it! Call me legalistic if you so desire, but my desire is that God just keep calling me!

No comments:

Post a Comment